How to train golden retriever dogs, there is nothing in the world that compares to bringing a naughty little puppy into your home that accompanies you everywhere and gives you great love and affection we all need, for this valuable prize, you will have to train him to the bathroom at home, which is difficult at first, but With good training and repetition, it will be simple for you and your dog.
How to train golden dogs to the bathroom at home?
- You can train golden dogs to the bathroom at home by placing the litter box in front of the door of the house so that he associates that instead of going out to relieve himself, he will have to do it in the box.
- You have to teach him something like “take a nap here” to connect this sentence with the work of the bathroom.
- After he responds to you, reward him and encourage him in the affirmative for what he has done.
- You have a lot of good ways that will help you train golden dogs to the bathroom at home.
- But today we are with you to bring you the most effective method that everyone uses with amazing results.
Take your dog outside to relieve himself:
At first, you will have to train your dog to take the toilet outside so that he learns how to do this. During this step, you won’t have to throw any commands at him because you will automatically find him defecating easily outside.
Put the litter box in front of your door:
- As the dog gets used to going out to relieve himself, you will have to put the litter box in front of the door that the dog goes outside.
- And here you will have to train him to “take your need here”, you have to order him calmly and in an easy way so that he understands what you want from him.
Make the litter box comfortable for the dog:
- If your dog finds the litter box uncomfortable, he may refuse to defecate in the litter box and insist on going outside.
- Therefore, you should make the box suitable for its size and give it the necessary comfort during movement, whether rotating or sitting while defecating.
- It’s best to buy a box that is relatively large and attractive in appearance so that the dog does not fear it when using it or so that it does not make it feel nervous while peeing.
- As soon as you see the dog respond to the commands you give him and go straight to the crate.
- You will have to reward him and make him feel that you are very happy with what he has done because this is a great motivator for the dog, especially if he is a young dog.
Monitor and supervise the dog:
- Do not neglect your dog after the completion of his bathroom training at home because, in the end, a child can happen to anything and forget to carry out orders, especially if he is young.
- So you have to watch him and pay attention to any signs that he appears that may indicate that he needs to do the bathroom.
- Such as barking, scratching at the door, squatting, feeling anxious, or constantly spinning.
- All these signs indicate that your dog wants to relieve himself and wants you to pay attention to and go with him to the bathroom, so you must respond to him, praise him and reward him after completing his task.