How to train pitbull dogs, this breed is considered among the breeds that many prefer to breed, because it has many advantages and characteristics that distinguish it from other types, and it is also known to obey and carry out the orders of its owners easily, but it must be trained continuously and daily, because it can become hostile with strangers.
Pitbull obedience training
- Training dogs to obey and carry out orders is not difficult, but it requires patience and perseverance in order for your dog to abide by the orders.
- Among the tips that must be followed are the following:
- You have to start by teaching him to sit, which is one of the simplest commands you can start with.
- A dog who does the sitting command is calmer and easier to control than someone who has not learned this simple command.
- This prepares him to receive other more difficult commands such as “Come” and “Stay”.
- To teach him to sit, give him a reward when you tell him to sit down and do the command.
- Repeat this several times each day until he gets used to doing what you tell him.
- Another important thing is the word “come”.
- Which can help keep your dog out of trouble. Get down to his level and say to him, come to him, and when he reaches you, reward him with affection and good treatment.
- Before you begin to train him in obedience, you have to choose the method that is best for you and him.
- Training methods vary, but all trainers agree that dogs respond best to positive reinforcement in the form of praise or a reward.
- Training sessions should last 10 to 15 minutes two to three times a day.
- You should start by teaching basic commands and stick to one action per training session so the dog doesn’t get confused.
How to train a pitbull puppy
You must adhere to several things when training a pitbull puppy, including the following:
- Start your relationship by teaching him tolerance in dealing.
- Touch may be considered important for those who own large dogs.
- You should bathe your puppy, trim his nails, clean his ears, and he may need to take medication.
- Teach him to relax through a specific signal, which can be verbal or through touch.
- Don’t train it when you feel angry, sad, or upset about something.
- Teach him control and obedience, since obedience can remedy any bad behavior your puppy might have.
- Train him to socialize and to socialize and interact with people as well as other pets.
- Your dog needs mental and physical stimulation and plenty of exercises.
- Don’t chain him outside because it frustrates him.
- You can teach him to sit easily, by offering him a reward to encourage him to carry out orders.
- He must be taught his own place and sleeping place in order to feel comfortable and safe.
- In the course of this, his bed can be placed in a place where he feels comfortable and spends a lot of time.
- Stick to a few rules from the start and keep repeating them regularly so he doesn’t get confused.